140a Whiteladies Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2RU
Woolworths opened in Clifton in 1939. The store was purpose built on Whiteladies Road, which was an upmarket shopping area of Bristol with grand Georgian buildings.
Source: Historic England
Woolworths traded from here for just under 70 years, closing in December 2008.
Today there is a Sainsburys Local here.
One Comment Add yours
That is just such a ‘classic’ looking front elevation. Woolworth at its best. Simple, balanced and great proportions. So many of the stores had ‘this look’ and are relatively easy to spot today despite the change of occupancy.