72 Fore Street, Redruth, Cornwall
Shortly after opening in Launceston in 1953, Woolworths opened another Cornish store in Redruth. This one opened on 25th September 1953, in a former grocery store called S&T Trounston Ltd. The store was on quite a slope.
Source: Historic England / Archives and Cornish Study Service
Source: Francis Frith
A beautiful building, the store may have been part of the 1980s Kingsfisher closures as it has been a Superdrug for decades (Superdrug was part of the Kingfisher group, and many of the Woolworths that closed in the 1980s became Superdrug stores). The left side is a Premier newsagents.